Thursday 1 July 2010

Another lecture about abortions...

Today I was once again "lectured" about abortions (by a person of very inferior intellect, I might add). I have already previously written an absolutely huge blog entry on this subject (here), so I will not go into details about my viewpoint. On the subject of abortions - as with any subject concerning the rights of life, liberty, or property - there can be no grey area. Something is either wrong or right, not partially right and partially wrong. In a choice between two evils we are obliged to choose no evil, i.e. not make a choice. There can only be two viewpoints (good/evil or right/wrong, whichever you prefer) in the case of abortion. They are pro-abortion (against right to life) and pro-life (defending the right to life). Today, however, I was told repeatedly that there is some mysterious third option known as "pro-choice". As far as I'm concerned, "pro-choice" is really in the category of pro-abortion, since it allows abortions to take place. I just think people use it as a euphemism; after all "choice" sounds better than "abortion", it is a positive, not a negative. We must not fall into this language trap. The "choice" here is the choice between life and death and if death is chosen, the right to life is broken.

On another, less serious note: today Finland became the first country in the world where access to the Internet is a right! But more on this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment