Tuesday 21 September 2010

Libertarian and Far-Right Anarchist Ideology

Far right-wing ideologies, which I consider Libertarianism and Private Property Anarchism to be, have one key distinction from others. Namely - they are based on non-aggression and non-compulsion. I have been accused by some people of 'trying to make everybody think like me'. They equate my ideology with that of Nazis or Communists. The truth is that it is Liberal Democracy which is akin to those government models. Private Property Law is the exact opposite. Proponents of the State of Nature do not try to force others to be like them. Instead, they try to force (usually by persuasion and logic) others to stop aggressive action against them. What people fail to understand is that we do not try to make everyone act like us, but just want to be left alone. We want to have the "right to ignore the state", as Herbert Spencer put it, just like we have the right to ignore Walmart, Pizza Hut, or any business which is trying to sell us its services. Libertarianism is very individualistic. It does not concern itself with others, only ourselves. Thus, I do not oppose states as such. People can happily live in them. I would, however, like to have an option to opt out of this collective endeavour if I saw the need. I would much rather pick up my property and join a different organization (maybe a Private Law Society, or a Monarchist state). Others can do whatever they like as long as they don't tell me what I can or cannot do with myself and my things! But Democrats, just like Nazis and Communists, have always been guilty of that...

As H.L. Mencken famously wrote: "The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable." So why not just let the 'man who is able to think for himself' out? Why keep him chained down? He doesn't ask for any special privileges, just independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment