Saturday 27 November 2010

Seperate, but Equal - Bad?

I would like to propose a new manifesto! I think all leftists will agree with me on this subject!

Dear Democratic People's Governments of the United States of America and European Union,

It has come to my attention that rampant government controlled discrimination still exists throughout our modern democratic societies. Last night I went to the cinema and there had a small popcorn, a packet of Skittles, and a large Coca-Cola. Following the completion of the showing of my film, I felt a sudden need to use the lavatory. When I was directed towards these public amenities I realized (to my horror!) that there were two doors behind which nearly identical rooms were located. One was marked with a little circle and the other with a triangle. When asked about this phenomenon I was told it was not indeed a fata morgana, but a consciously created separation meant to segregate men from women. When I enquired further I was told this was the norm throughout the entire western world. I do not condone such procedures. In my own home (and homes of my family members as well as homes of every person I associate with in a friendly manner) such a system would be thought of as distasteful. I also believe this system exists in direct violation of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 in the United States of America which prohibited any such practice based on race, color, religion, sex, and national origin by federal and state governments as well as in public places. I expect some kind of Congressional and European Parliament procedures to address this issue soon.

Best regards,

A Concerned Citizen

3 comments:

  1. No one forbids you to go to a woman's restroom. It's not illegal or anything. It's completely up to you if you want to be suspected a sex offender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want this posted on Facebook and somewhere where we can sign this as a petition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's like saying no one forbids me to murder, but I will go to jail if I do it. Just like the old segregation days.

    ReplyDelete