Thursday 11 August 2011

Last thoughts on Mr. Breivik

I recently read an article in my favourite Polish weekly magazine "Najwyższy CZAS!" (which is a Conservative-Liberal publication founded in 1990 by Mr. Janusz Korwin-Mikke) about Mr. Anders Breivik. I realize I have already written about this maniac before, but now it turns out that maybe he wasn't such a maniac after all. The article includes some extensive quotes from Mr. Breivik's 'manifesto' and, to my surprise, these quotes include perfectly sensible passages which I could have written myself. Now I don't mean all the anti-Islam babble, of course. What I mean are the passages about political correctness and about its relation to Marxism. Mr. Breivik correctly points out that the two are related - political correctness chains people's language and molds their character through propaganda. As funny as it may seem, I actually learned about the psychological impact of tampering with language from the great comedian George Carlin. Chains put on language are actually chains put on freedom of speech, freedom of expression, freedom of the press, and, most importantly, freedom of thought. Breivik seems to have understood this phenomenon. He pretty much had to insert criticizm of political correctness into his manifesto seeing as the whole thing was radically politically incorrect. He also rants abouts "cultural Marxism" which is growing in our society (theories of class warfare, egalitarianism, cultural equality, etc.). In this regard I can't not agree with Breivik - he seems to have got it right again. Marxist ideology (or what I would call Marxist 'theology') is dominant in Europe today.
What I despise about Mr. Breivik is his ultranationalism, his views on patriarchy, and his obsessive love of violence. He is a deranged and irrational individual and should be treated as such and rightly labeled as evil.

2 comments:

  1. Hey what's up. Its Rob. How have you been? What have you been doing this summer? Enjoying summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm good, but summer is rather crappy in Poland this year. The weather is terrible!

    ReplyDelete