Sunday 19 December 2010

Supporting Useless "Monarchs"

Lately in the UK people have been getting more and more angry at the Windsor posse. Now, being a Monarchist I have come under some heavy fire on this issue. After all considering the tax hikes, benefit cuts, and now the ever so loud university tuition increases in the UK, being part of the royal family is starting to look like a sweet deal. A bunch of pampered celebs are getting supported directly by taxpayer money! I mean at least the bankers have to cheat and steal for their money - the Windsors do literally nothing! How can anyone support such intolerable actions? Well, I certainly don't. I have stated many times before that even though I have great respect for the Queen and her family because of their rich tradition and heritage, they are pretty much parasites in my mind. Everyone knows that they no longer are Monarchs in anything but name. PM's and MP's are the real rulers of the United "Kingdom" and the citizens are its real owners. And I say, in a fully capitalist and Darwinist way, useless parts must be subjected to the forces of nature so that they are eliminated. If the Monarchs were real Monarchs I would fully support their rights. If the Monarchs were respectable and didn't cause people offence I would support their usefulness. But when they have neither, what is there to support? Taxpayers should no longer have the obligation of paying their royal family's salary. I'm sure the Monarchy could support itself from voluntary donations. That would at the very least diffuse its image as a parasitic phenomenon.

Heinlein wrote that "A monarch's neck should always have a noose around it. It keeps him upright." Again a fiction author seems to know more about the real world than all the intellectuals of this planet...

No comments:

Post a Comment